Working Groups (WGs)
Inter alia, activities of Working Groups contribute to:
- fostering cooperation with local and regional authorities in the country or countries it covers
- assessing the impact of EU policies from a local and regional perspective
- a direct two-way information flow on political developments in the countries and in the EU
- exchange of good practice in specific fields of cooperation
How is a WG established?
- Via a decision of the CoR Bureau in accordance with the "CoR Rules of Procedure"
Who takes part in the WGs?
- Members of the CoR
- Participation of local and regional representatives from the partner countries varies according to the topics discussed and the location of the meeting
WGs meet twice a year, once in Brussels in the framework of the Enlargement Day event and once in a partner country