Young Elected Politicians programme – call for applications further extended
Due to the COVID-19 out break and the extraordinary measures in place, the call deadline is now extended until 31 May 2020 and the 2020 YEP programme has been modified.
If you have already applied, you do not need to do this again.
Please read below for detailed information.
The European Committee of the Regions has launched an annual call to select motivated young elected politicians (YEPs) for the 2020 YEP programme.
The deadline to apply is now extended to 31 May 2020.
The extraordinary measures in place under the current COVID-19 outbreak led to modifications of the YEP programme.
Please note that all events initially planned under this call in the first semester are now moved to the European Week of Regions and Cities , taking place in Brussels from 12 to 15 October 2020.
Within the programme of the European Week of Regions and Cities, YEPs will have a specific tailor-made programme built for each of the three themes of this call .
To apply, simply follow the link below. Select the theme you are most interested in and – very important – make sure you are available to travel to Brussels on the dates of the European Week of Regions and Cities.
If you have already applied, you do not have to it again.
If you wish to cancel your application, or to modify it, please get in touch with the YEP team email@example.com
This call is the only means to be selected to participate in the YEP programme.
Apply to join the 2020 YEP Programme
The YEP 2020 Programme is structured around three themes: European Cohesion Policy, Green Deal and the Future of Europe.
Applicants are invited to select one theme of preference. They must demonstrate knowledge of and direct commitment to the subject area they are applying for.
Applicants have to be available to travel to Brussels for the European Week of Regions and Cities, from 12 to 15 October 2020 inclusive, and must meet the following criteria :
- hold a democratic mandate as an elected politician at regional or local level in a Member State of the European Union
- not be older than 40 years old on the first day of the first event they will attend
- not hold a mandate as CoR member or alternate
- have a good level of English (as some events will take place in English only)
- complete this application form and submit it no later than 31 May
Why should you apply?
The Young Elected Politicians Programme (YEPs) is a network of politicians aged 40 or below and holding a mandate at regional or local level in the EU.
You will be able to:
- exchange best practice among local and regional politicians
- network with fellow young elected politicians from the EU and other politicians at local, national and European levels
- understand and seize opportunities offered by the European Union for local and regional areas
- speak for EU regions and municipalities in the European legislative process
- raise your profile in European circles.
Outcome of applications
Candidates will be informed of the selection results by email.